Tuesday 22 June 2010

Peter Pan: Meet... Tinkerbell!

Next we have Tinkerbell who is played by Erin Whalley, Sadie McLoughlin and Paige Thornton!


Have any of you been involved in projects at The Dukes before?

Erin: Yes, I go to the Youth Theatre, so do projects there and other ones during the holidays.

Paige & Sadie: Nope


What made you choose to audition for the role?

Erin: I heard about it through DT3 and wanting to perform and enjoying being in the park made me want to do it.

Paige: A close friend told me about it.

Sadie: I was doing my work experience at The Dukes, and they told me about it and said I should audition, which made me want to do it!



What challenges does this project pose for you?

Sadie: Getting myself organised!

Erin: Scheduling and balancing home life and rehearsals.

Paige: Listening skills and not getting easily distracted.


You're all playing Tinkerbell- what is the most exciting thing about this role for you?

Paige: It’s very exciting because I can relate to her as she is energetic, moody and fast.

Sadie: It’s very exciting being really girly, and moody! It’s good fun and I’m excited for the costumes.

Erin: It’s very well known, so I’m excited about making it my own.


What discoveries were made about your character through rehearsal that perhaps weren’t explicit in the script?

Paige: She is sulky but cares dearly for Peter.

Erin: The cheekyness has come through.


What kind of games and exercises have you been playing during rehearsals?

Paige: We have played a game called ‘yes lets’, a tig like game and we did a Lost Boys dance!

Erin: Teamwork (cat and mouse) and working without vocal communication.


What have you particularly enjoyed about the Peter Pan process so far?

Sadie: Meeting the professionals!

Erin: Working with the adult cast and rehearsing in the park.

Paige: I’ve loved rehearsing the first scenes with the professionals.


And conversely, is there anything that you have found particularly difficult?

All 3: Nothing so far!


What tips would you give to other emerging performers?

Erin: Expect to sacrifice other clubs/things and see all of the fun elements all of the time.

Paige: Take advice and constructive criticism; Listen to the director at all times; Have fun but be sensible.






Peter Pan will be running in Williamson Park from Friday 2 July until Saturday 7 August.




Tickets are available from The Dukes box office on 01524 589500 and more details can be found at http://www.dukes-lancaster.org/.

No comments:

Post a Comment